Monday, August 2, 2010

First Order

So I still do not have my 4 color press set up but I am still going to print on my one color press I already have. Well this order is for a friend and their boss has just passed away 2 days ago. They really liked him and were more than a boss to his employees. But this order is going to be a simple one color print but I always have trouble figuring out how much to charge my customers when they ask how much I will charge.

I know there is no full proof way but I want to be able to know a ball park range on what to charge. I want to have good prices that will want customers to come back and refer me to other people but i also want to be able to make a profit so that I can save and continue to expand on my screen printing capabilities.

So far I think I am ok especially that my customer had purchased the shirts they wanted to be used and also and my profit is high enough for this order. In the past I usually charge like $10 per shirt for 5 shirts and that’s one color one side. Then of course the price varies from how many shirts to how many colors and if they want front and back.

Such as if I were to make 25 shirts that were 2 colors front only I would probably charge about $8 a shirt so that after purchasing the shirts I have room for profit and paid for my time.

But really I have a good time screen printing and to see the final result of an accomplishment is great! But more of this order will be up soon.

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment